Home > About
Board of Health
Our management staff report to the Board of Health on the last Thursday of January, April, July and October. Meetings start at 8:30am and are held at Grays Harbor County Public Health and Social Services Department.
Anyone can attend Board of Health meetings. Come join us - we would love to hear from you!
Grays Harbor County Board of Health
Wes Cormier, Grays Harbor County Commissioner District No. 1
Randy Ross, Grays Harbor County Commissioner District No. 2
Vickie Raines, Grays Harbor County Commissioner District No. 3
Our mission, vision, & values
The mission of Grays Harbor County Public Health and Social Services Department is to improve the health and well-being of the people of Grays Harbor.
We have a vision of Grays Harbor as a place where all people can be healthy throughout their lives.
- Infants get a healthy start in life and children learn healthy behaviors as they grow.
- Our young people choose to not use tobacco or drugs.
- All families can access nutritious food.
- We can safely walk, bike and be physically active.
- Health promotion efforts prevent chronic disease.
- Mental illness is understood and recovery is supported.
- People obtain health services with ease and treatment for addiction is readily available.
- respect. We value and respect our customers and colleagues - and it shows, in every interaction.
- customer-focus. Our services are organized to respond to customers' needs.
- quality. We continuously seek to improve the efficiency and quality of our work.
- learning and change. We adapt quickly to emerging health science by maintaining our expertise and working to increase our skills.
- responsiveness. We are well-prepared to respond to unforeseen events and we support one another in that process.
- stewardship. We understand the public depends on us for safety and service. We honor the public's trust in us. We are accountable stewards of public resources.
- science and information. Our work is evidence-based. We provide medically accurate, science-based health information to guide decision-making.
- health advocacy. We believe that life and health can improve. We are dedicated to supporting better health in every way we can.
Last updated: September 19, 2017