Housing Funding Application
Housing funding application for July 1, 2017-June 30, 2019
Grays Harbor County is requesting applications from eligible entities for Homeless Housing and Department of Commerce Consolidated Homeless Grant funds.
The application for funding is intended for housing providers with the necessary capacity and experience to successfully deliver services to individuals who are literally homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness in a way that aligns with the 10-year Plan to End Homelessness.
Priority will be given to programs who can demonstrate that capacity and procedures are in place to prioritize the most vulnerable clients and work alongside literally homeless clients to remove barriers and successfully help them obtain and maintain permanent housing. All applicants will be considered based on their alignment with strategies outlined in the 10-year Plan to End Homelessness.
Allowable grant activities include maintenance activities, client services, operations, and administrative support necessary to move clients experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of becoming homeless toward permanent housing.
Successful applicants will work with Grays Harbor County staff to negotiate formal contracts with specific deliverables, timelines, and outcomes. The county will be responsible for monitoring all recipients of housing funds to ensure alignment with fund requirements and contract deliverables. Contracts may be structured to offer an opportunity to evaluate and revise as necessary after the initial 12-month period of the agreement.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate alignment with one or more strategies and associated work plan outlined in the 10-year Plan to End Homelessness.
- Experience operating programs for homeless or at-risk populations.
- Be in good standing with all of its grantors/funders and demonstrate sound financial practices.
- Ability to use HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) for data management.
- Participation in Grays Harbor's Coordinated Entry system.
- Capacity to operate the program on a cost-reimbursement basis.
- Ability to comply with the insurance requirements of the contract.
- Demonstrate working partnerships with local homeless service and other relevant providers.
- Receive and incorporate ongoing updates, tools, and best practices from the Washington State Department of Commerce and Grays Harbor County Public Health and Social Services Department.
- Experience with measuring and documenting positive housing outcomes.
- Ability to successfully manage funding over the course of the grant term.
Application evaluation and award timeline
Grays Harbor County Public Health and Social Services Department will guide the review process. Grays Harbor County staff initially reviews applications for funding eligibility. Members of the Housing Funding Committee, a subgroup of the Health and Human Services Advisory Board, then evaluate applications, interview applicants, and provide funding recommendations. The Committee's recommendations are brought to the Health and Human Services Advisory Board and the Grays Harbor County Commissioners for final approval.
HHSAB Subcommittee workshop
Agency oral presentations
Recommendations announced at Health and Human Services Advisory Board
Agency contract development process
Service start date
March 15, 2017
April 14, 2017
Late April, TBD
Early May, TBD
May 23, 2017
May 30, 2017
July 1, 2017
The funding sources available for request are the Homeless Housing Fund and funds from the Washington State Department of Commerce. Approximately $3,283,678 will be available for county-funded housing programs for the 24-month period July 1, 2017-June 30, 2019.
- Provide a brief description of your agency including name, type of organization, housing services provided by the organization, and area served.
- Provide a brief summary of your proposed programs requesting county housing funding, highlighting any differences from previously funded programs.
- Outline how the proposed project aligns with strategies and/or work plan activities identified in the 10-year Plan to End Homelessness.
- Describe your agency's plan for the coordination of services with other community partners and utilization of Coordinated Entry.
- Describe your agency and program's proposed specific efforts to help Grays Harbor County meet the benchmarks outlined in this document.
- Using the template linked below, provide a detailed budget for the project and/or housing services your organization will provide by program including both revenue and expenditures. Please include a brief description of other funding sources and allowable funding activities per source.
- Using the template linked below, as relevant, please describe your staffing plan, including number of FTEs, to provide the services described in step 6.
Applications may be submitted via email, mail, or in-person at:
Grays Harbor County Public Health and Social Services Department
Attn: Cassie Lentz
2109 Sumner Avenue
Aberdeen, WA 98520
Applications and related materials must be received no later than Friday, April 14 at 4:30pm to be considered. The applicant assumes full responsibility for the delivery method chosen. Applications must be clearly marked with HOUSING APPLICATION.
Any questions related to this application may be directed to:
Cassie Lentz, Housing Resource Coordinator
Last updated: March 22, 2017