Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

2109 Sumner Avenue
Aberdeen, WA

(360) 532-8631

Directory of services & programs

Filtering by Category: Veterans' resources

Veterans' resources

Grays Harbor County Public Health & Social Services Department

Home > Veterans' resources

veterans resources

Veterans' Advisory Board

The Grays Harbor County Veterans' Advisory Board was established by Grays Harbor County Resolution 2005-65. The board provides advice to the Grays Harbor County Board of County Commissioners on the needs of local indigent veterans.

The Veterans' Advisory Board meets on the first Wednesday of March, June, September, and December at 2pm in the Commissioners' office located at 100 West Broadway, Suite #1 in Montesano, WA.

For more information about Veterans' Advisory Board meetings and materials contact (360) 500-4049 or

Veterans' Relief Fund

The Revised Code of Washington (RCW 73.08) requires all 39 counties to establish a Veterans' Relief Fund.

The Veterans' Relief Fund may be able to help with rent, utilities, food, and other needs.

This is a fund of last resort and in no way can it be construed as a veteran's benefit. 

All applications must be filed with local service officers at veteran support organizations.  Please contact your local service officer to discuss making an application.

To apply for assistance from Grays Harbor County Veterans' Relief Fund, you must have been honorably discharged, have been a resident of Grays Harbor County for at least 6 months, and have income below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.

When contacting service officers, it may be helpful to bring:

  • a copy of your DD-214

  • proof of residency

  • proof of income

  • any shut-off or eviction notices requiring payment

If you are denied assistance or feel that you have been discriminated against, you have the right to file an appeal and request that a full explanation of the reasons why you were denied assistance be put in writing.

Service officer contact information

Amvets Post 1926

(360) 249-8090

Veterans of Foreign Wars Henry L. Robb Post 1135

407 7th Street
Hoquiam, WA 98550
(360) 532-0510
Monday - Friday, 10am-2pm
Call before arriving so that the service officer can tell you what paperwork to bring with you.

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2455

315 S Main Street
Montesano, WA 98563
(360) 249-3631

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5564

158 N Summit Road
McCleary, WA 98557
(360) 888-3513 (Butch Van Fossen)

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8956

953 Trent Ct SE
Ocean Shores, WA 98569
(360) 591-7595
Wednesday, 10am-2pm
The service officer helps people by phone during the week when not at the post.  They will make appointments during the week for emergencies.

Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) Chapter #512

Ocean Shores, WA 98563
(206) 713-3477
Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 224

105 E Heron Street
Aberdeen, WA 98520
(360) 533-9863
Thursdays from 1pm-7pm
Appointments can be made outside these hours in advance

Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1948

Elma Grange
401 Waldrip Street
Elma, WA 98541
Tuesday, 9am-3pm